Wednesday 7 May 2014

Aanchi pattern - 3rd try with some embriodery

Proud of this one!!
What did I learn -
1. How to make bias tape using bias maker
2. Sewing convex to concave seams neatly (can do better though)
You will get all detailed tutorials as part of the pattern. Don't worry!!

*UPDATE*: For the full tutorial and pdf download please refer the FREE NIGHTIE PATTERN

You can see my previous 2 attempts of the pattern here and here.  I'm planning to call this Aanchi pattern simply because my daughter says aanchi for sleep. :)
The fabric I used was left over from my favorite favorite cape coat lining.
I made little daisies using this tutorial  hand embriodery from Sarah. Towards the end of the hand sewing I got hang of it. I had to leave the stitches a little loose to get those beautiful petals. Next time may be!! :)

Nightie Aanchi free epattern
You can see one missing flower towards the center left. I ran out of thread and couldn't wait just for one flower to be completed. Also, the button flap was going to half cover it anyways I thought. But it is clearly visible. Nah?
Nightie Aanchi free epattern

Nightie Aanchi free epattern

Nightie Aanchi free epattern

Nightie Aanchi free epattern

Nightie Aanchi free epattern

Nightie Aanchi free epattern

Nightie Aanchi free epattern

Nightie Aanchi free epattern
 I'm very pleased with the inside of the garment. I'm being annoyingly finicky about the inside of garments these days. I love that it has no visible seams even inside of the garment, isn't that cool! ??
Nightie Aanchi free epattern

Nightie Aanchi free epattern

The horrible buttonhole again. I need to do something about this.

If you enjoyed reading this you can either like my facebook page to get all updates and more or you can opt to receive posts via email. Don't forget to activate your subscription though!

4 comments:

  1. This is lovely, with hand embroidery. Oh I'll be waiting for this pattern. I like to make dress for my girl too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Di. Sure the next I'm making will be with full tutorials and pattern :) . Not long hopefully :)

      Delete
  2. Hi, thanks for participating in my link party! The dress is beautiful and your little girl looks really cute :)

    Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...