Thursday 20 November 2014

Half size pattern drafting experience- A skirt



At the pattern cutting course in London we got to work with half size patterns at home - scaled to half size.
Seriously it was such a saver and it allowed me to work when the kids are awake, not having to wait until they sleep to get the entire dining table to myself without being disturbed.
This is something I could do watching tele.

Half size size 12 skirt blocks
 So here it is, I made a pattern myself of this skirt and also tried stitching it. Well the kids were asleep and I couldn’t use the sewing machine but my fingers were ithching to complete so I hand stitched it.
I’m so proud of it, I did show off in the class.


Slash and spread peg skirt
 At first when I started I couldn't even make out which way was top and which bottom when I started to sew but eventually managed.
Half size block skirt peg skirt
 Finished half skirt.. Well I didn't complete the waistband or the hem.. Just wanted to sew to see how it comes together.

Peg Skirt pattern drafting
 Enjoy your weekend.
Preethi.

If you enjoyed reading this you can either like my facebook page to get all updates and more or you can opt to receive posts via email. Don't forget to activate your subscription though!

4 comments:

  1. Those pleats are perfectly placed! And you hand sewed the whole thing too, well done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I couldn't wait for the next day :) Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Wow! You are such a sincere sewer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Thanks for sharing this blog about "Half size pattern drafting experience- A skirt"!!
    This shows that you are very sincere to your work!!
    Great work dear keep it up!!
    Buy gmail pva accounts

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...